Is it possible to come to Italy to study children under three years of age?


Yes, but not yet unless you can study in Italian ...

June 9th you could come to Rome for a one day conference, for example, on Neuroscience and Montessori 0-3

OSSERVO L’ALTRO, DUNQUE APPRENDO

Dialogo tra le neuroscienze e l’esperienza del Centro Nascita Montessori



Grazia Honegger Fresco offered this course in 2012

The year before I came to Italy for the course with Grazia Honegger Fresco I had attended UCSC second year Italian class with 18 and 19 year old students, many of whom were Spanish speaking, which means they had more than a slight advantage. I had taken Italian 2 at University when I was 18 but that was the last time I had formally studied it.  My first visit to Rome in 2010 I had to use French to communicate with the director of the Montessori Birth Center and with those who didn't speak French or English I muddled along with 20 year old memories of Italian grammar. Much of what I was there to hear drifted over me like musical notes. In 2012, with my new skills, I was able to follow the 0-3 course and participate in the discussions. But I still joked about how I was getting 50% (at best) of the content. 


These two associations offer trainings for 0-3 in Italy. The Montessori Birth Center is located in Rome but offers their trainings around Italy as well, using a weekend format, and the association in the north of Italy, Percorsi Per Crescere (PPC) offers trainings and professional development for 0-3 as well as run a private school using the Montessori educational philosophy. Two of the PPC trainers were present in Prague as collaborators in the Cosmic Task 0-3 Breakout session. The videos used in the films were taken in their Nidos (Nido means 0-3 in Italy).



 The current location of the Montessori Birth Center, outside of the hustle and bustle of the center of Rome, a round building with children occupying the first floor and offices on the second floor.




The private library where I spent hours every Tuesday and Thursday in 2010 pouring over the Quaderno Montessori journal articles

If you would be interested in a course in Italy studying 
Montessori 0-3 please send an email to 
karinslabaugh@gmail.com 



Comments